Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Psychobabble.

I'm posting this entry to confess what goes through my mind sometimes. I realised today what really goes through my head when seeing strangers. I have a feeling all girls do this, but I could be wrong. On the way home today, I ended up following a girl for at least ten blocks. This is basically, as much as I can remember, what went through my head about after the second block.

"Nice shorts.
Actually, that whole outfit isn't bad.
I can't tell if she's actually cool or if she just dresses like it.
She probably paid like 40 bucks for those shorts. They're in a very le chateau-esque fabric.
She could have gotten them for like 7 bucks, 4 if she switches tags at value village, just a bit less shaply.
Oh, she's wearing leggings, not tights. She must not have been paying attention to comfort when she got dressed this morning.
If her leggings had feet, I could see this being a casual outfit and that she just naturally looks like that.
But she's not, and those heels point in the same direction. This must be a painfull walk. Maybe she just ran out of tights and was in a hurry this morning. I do that sometimes too.
Oh, she has an iPod. I wonder what's she listening to.
She's Asian, but that probably shouldn't matter. She could have good taste in music. Maybe it's like poppy mainstream indie. I could see her listening to Ok Go! right now.
Nah, I don't know. I don't see it. That purse is too plastic. Now I'm leaning more towards like The Pillows, or rap music.
Wait. Those are fake aligator heels? Gross. Blue toe nail polish. She looks in pain.
Yeah. She's probably listening to Coco Lee."

I totally feel like Elle from Legally Blonde after that. I am such a loser. I hope I'm not the only one who does this.

2 comments:

  1. DAMN... she sounds like a total hottie. Wish I could do that without ya'know, feeling creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do that all the time, except sometimes it's checking out guys and imagining what they're listening to or sometimes it's just judging a person because they're wearing 'jeggings' (girls) or tacky white leather shoes with black pants (guys).

    ReplyDelete